Advocacy & Initiatives
The Junior League of Atlanta's Political Affairs Committee (PAC) members work directly with community partners to support initiatives to improve women and children’s health, expand education, and provide support for women and children at risk.
The JLA’s agenda for 2013-2014 includes:
- Support HB 309: Ava’s Law – which relates to insurance coverage for autism
- Support HB 363: Georgia Lactation Consultant Practice Act – which requires licensure of the lactation consultants
- Support HB 242: Juvenile Justice Reform Bill - revise, supersede, and modernize provisions relating to juvenile proceedings and enact comprehensive juvenile justice reforms recommended by the Governor's Special Council on Justice Reform in Georgia
Visit the Become a Partner page to fill out and submit the application.
Click here to view the 2013-2014 JLA Public Stands.
Click here to track legislation progress.
Other Helpful Websites
- www.legis.state.ga.us (Georgia General Assembly website – information about our legislature, legislators, pending legislation, committee hearings)
- www.sos.state.ga.us (Georgia Secretary of State website – information about voter registration, election dates, elected officials and candidates, and poll locations)
- www.georgia.gov ( Georgia state government website – information about all aspects of Georgia government)
- www.congress.org (an easy site to identify and contact your elected officials at all levels of government
- www.vote-smart.org (Project Vote Smart website – compiles information about candidates and elected officials, including biographical information, issue positions, voting records, campaign finances, and interest group ratings)
- www.rockthevote.com (Register to vote online)
- www.childwelfare.net (Barton Child Law and Policy Clinic, a part of the Emory University School of Law)
- www.statehealthfacts.org (Great website for Georgia statistics/policy – run by Kaiser – click on Georgia and follow links for information)