Become a Member
Any woman is invited to join who meets these requirements:
- You must be at least 22 years of age by the end of her Provisional term to apply for our 2016-2017 provisional classes (there is no maximum age to join!)
- You must be a resident of the Greater Atlanta Metro Area.
The JLA uses the following additional criteria for consideration of prospective members:
- Demonstrate an interest in voluntarism and a commitment to community service, with most community service activities taking place within a ten-mile radius of the Atlanta city limits.
- Show an interest in developing her potential for voluntary community participation
- Sign a contract stating that she understands the responsibilities of provisional membership
Upcoming Membership Recruitment Events
Join us at one of our open house events to learn more about the Junior League of Atlanta and becoming a new member. Each event begins at 6:30pm and ends at 8:00pm and is held at JLA HQ, unless otherwise noted.
Apply for Membership
The application process for Fall enrollment opens April 1, 2016. Deadline to apply is August 1, 2016.
- Submit the Prospective Member Application online.
- Find one Junior League of Atlanta sponsor (must be a current Active or Sustainer member) and have them submit the Sponsor Form on your behalf. Once this has been completed you will receive e-mail confirmation.
- Once your application and sponsor form are completed and approved, you will pay your provisional course fee and membership dues. You will receive an e-mail with payment instructions upon approval.
- Begin your Provisional course work. You will be required to attend one (1) of the Provisional Orientation Meetings. This orientation will review all the Provisional Course requirements.
Check out these FAQs on joining JLA
How to Reinstate Your Membership
The League you see today is because of the foundation created by our past and present members. As we quickly approach our 100th Anniversary, we want to welcome back former members. Whether you will be rejoining us as an active member or a sustainer, we have a full line up of volunteer opportunities, social engagements, and training awaiting you. If you have additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to begin your reinstatement process.
NOTE: If you were a member of a different league, please contact that league before completing the reinstatement form to transfer from that league to the Junior League of Atlanta.
How to Transfer
To transfer to The Junior League of Atlanta, you must notify your CURRENT League. The procedure varies by League so check with your League, your membership directory, or contact the Corresponding Secretary for guidance.
The Junior League of Atlanta enrolls current Transfers in its Transfer Program, which is designed to acclimate new members to the League. New members who have transferred in by September 30, 2016 will be placed in the Fall Transfer Class. New members who have transferred in between October 1, 2016 - January 31, 2016 will be placed in our Spring Transfer Class.
Have additional questions about transferring to JLA? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this mailbox is checked three times a week.