The Junior League of Atlanta, Inc. (JLA) is an organization of women whose mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training.
We have a shared vision of the organization, which is to be a catalyst for community change by empowering women who are passionately focused on the health, education, and welfare of women and children.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The Junior League of Atlanta, Inc. respects, values and celebrates the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We welcome all women who value our Mission and aim to create and retain a membership representing all socio-demographic aspects of our community. We believe that bringing diverse women together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our communities. We are committed to supporting inclusive environments and strive for Junior League of Atlanta’s partners, strategies and investments to reflect these core values.
The JLA accomplishes its mission through the actions of women who share the same organizational values.
- We value continuous learning and believe in providing educational opportunities for personal growth and volunteer leadership in a supportive environment.
- We value respect and believe in affirming the importance of our members’ diverse backgrounds, opinions, talents, and skills.
- We value service and believe in every member’s potential to make a difference in our community through voluntarism, community leadership, and advocacy.
- We value collaboration and believe in maximizing community impact through effective external partnerships and internal relationships to attain our shared mission.
- Communication Skills
- Community Awareness
- Visionary and Strategic Leadership, Thinking, and Planning
- Negotiation Skills and Conflict Resolution
- Personal Adaptability
- Interpersonal Development
- JLA Organizational Knowledge