The Junior League of Atlanta, Inc. (JLA) is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
We have a shared vision of the organization, which is to be a catalyst for community change by empowering women who are passionately focused on the health, education, and welfare of women and children.
REACHING OUT STATEMENT
The JLA reaches out to women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism.
The JLA accomplishes its mission through the actions of women who share the same organizational values.
- We value continuous learning and believe in providing educational opportunities for personal growth and volunteer leadership in a supportive environment.
- We value respect and believe in affirming the importance of our members’ diverse backgrounds, opinions, talents, and skills.
- We value service and believe in every member’s potential to make a difference in our community through voluntarism, community leadership, and advocacy.
- We value collaboration and believe in maximizing community impact through effective external partnerships and internal relationships to attain our shared mission.
- Communication Skills
- Community Awareness
- Visionary and Strategic Leadership, Thinking, and Planning
- Negotiation Skills and Conflict Resolution
- Personal Adaptability
- Interpersonal Development
- JLA Organizational Knowledge